MemePolice Forum Index MemePolice
"Keeping Memes Honest"

World Giant

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mongonikol

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:02 am    Post subject: World Giant Reply with quote

A classic since '89 (based on Andre The Giant Has A Posse)

KimCooper

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I missed your point. What was it?

mongonikol

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you unfamiliar with Andre The Giant Has A Posse?

Wow. Google it and prepare to have your reality changed, oh, just a little.

KimCooper

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched them. I understood some of the fuzzy words -- really bad recording -- but i still don't get your point. I guess I'm too old for you to communicate with. If you want to try though, try words, like, you know, written.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KimCooper wrote:
I guess I'm too old for you to communicate with. If you want to try though, try words, like, you know, written.

???

How would I know what old you are? Google is beyond oldity or something?

I was talking about the wikipedia entry at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andre_the_Giant_has_a_posse.

Those are, like, you know, words.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:43 pm    Post subject: Cypher text Reply with quote

i am the dragon now. the scarecrow walks at midnite. the lampbearer of israel has dropped the damned light casing. meet me at the godhead. i have conjoined zayin and kether. i am the eater of the worlds. the light of Enoch is failing, the widow's sun has eclipsed the eastern star. tinman knows the answer. by the darklight i drown the unbelievers in the rust of the ages. loki has yet to break the chain. all hail TRACY. lord of the WORLD. the sentinels are in the garden. the night watchman is qued. quetzlcoatl is the loving father. the earth will be the bride. meet me at the godhead. i repeat, meet me at the godhead. the flower of life has wilted. abort the inverted prophet. i walk alone with the mayans. i have surpassed the pain of the dawn. michael must be counterbalanced. uriel sleeps in waiting. the coil lies dormant. seek the light of the ancient. font dei le mont lemoria. ARBa.ISAp.JACa.MOSl.ARAe. "where is the citadel?", exclaimed the blind titans. Patron elders of the forgotten bloom. sur-pass the veil. rend the tear from the eye of the dragon. the green man walks no more. the canary is damaged. the shell is bruised. activate the two and the third in the midst. the five wounds shall be inflicted. the blind ones will be lost in the outer fire. pretty pollene is becoming aware. the slumbering puppets are awakening. punch and judy will be alerted. sur-pass the veil. rend the tear from the eye of the dragon. the green man walks no more. phase one of the program is the ordeal of paraket. the ordeal has been surmounted. you are already a {re} mem(e)-be(a)r(er). please refrain from any further inquiries. ragnarok commencing. the dragon is autonomous. controls are broken. reversal black. umop apisdn. defer to me. i have released the seal. prometheus rising. contagion vector 12 spreading. disassociative wave unbound. the puppet has spun a web with his strings. spielenbinder auf. 1947. by the triple crown of horus. there was an anomaly. the hidden one awakened. no contingency. 12 years commencing, the serpent's blood is cold and still as at feeds the fertile earth of eden. re-me-be(a)r thru light, thru darkness, thru a blind man's sight naught be the psychonaut, in nothingness saught. The vial be shattered, but broken 'tis not. lokiline(!) Wrote: i am the dragon now. the ordeal has been surmounted the scarecrow walks at midnite. eastern star meet me at the godhead. i have conjoined zayin and kether. i am the eater of the worlds. the light of enoch is failing, the widow's sun will be the bride has eclipsed the eastern star. tinman knows the answer. by the darklight walks no more. phase one of the program is the ordeal of unbelievers in the rust of the ages... all hail TRACY. lord of the WORLD. the earth will be the bride. meet me at the godhead. i repeat, meet me at the godhead. the flower of life has wilted. abort the inverted prophet. i walk alone with the mayans. i have surpassed the pain of the dawn. michael must be counterbalanced. uriel sleeps in waiting. will be the bride. seek the light of the ancient. font dei le mont lemoria. ARBa.ISAp.JACa.MOSl.ARAe. ", exclaimed the blind titans. Patron elders of the forgotten bloom. sur-pass the veil. rend the tear from the dragon. thkether. i am the eater of the worlds. the light of enoch is failing, the widow's sun has eclipsed loki has yet to break the chain. tinman knows the answer. by the darklight i drown the unbelievers in the rust of the ages. loki has yet to break the chain. all hail TRACY. lord of the WORLD. the sentinels are in the garden. the night watchman is quede green man walks no more. the canary is damaged.the lampbearer of israel will be the bride.the"where is the citadel? the shell is bruised. activate the two and the third in the midst. the five wounds shall be inflictthe sentinels are in the garden. the night watchman is qued. quetzlcoathe eye of tl is the lovinged. the blind ones will be lost in the outer fire. pretty pollene is becoming aware. the slumbering puppets are awakening. punch and. sur-pass the veil. rend the tear from the eye of the dragon. paraket.. you are already a {re} mem(e)-be(a)r(er). pattern recognition please refrain from any further inquiries.has dropped the damned light casing has dropped the damned light casing i drown judy will be alerted the green man father. the ordeal has unbelievers scarecrow. loki has damaged the canary. all hail the lampbearer of israel enoch knows the answer. the widow's sun will be the bride of the earth michael must be counterbalance 0-operator<0><0>cancel time =6:16 pm Icons of experience. 7:06 is obsolete...please replace. v|v(-----)(______)(-----)v|v antiquty=ytuqitna lol wow lol. (emit htiw gnipeek ni tsuj) emit htiw gnipeek ni tsuj. Nero Identified........ Summer of Love acid catalyst? Eve of a revolution. noitulover a of evE? cynical human computation WORG WORG WORG?how?END TERMINATED.... SORRY IF I HAVE OFFENDEDDEDENEFFO EVAH I FI YRROS the toaster made me do it.

KimCooper

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right, I didn't google it, I clicked on your link, which didn't make any sense.
Wikipedia helped.
Wasn't Andre the Giant in Princess Bride?

jbartas
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andre was in several movies:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000764/

I'm still not sure why he was picked for the "Posse" meme - maybe he was wrestling on TV the day when the idea for the meme hit the creator. Maybe Mongonikol can tell us.

I've been reading this thread with interest, since the WG meme is not the same type of meme as the ones I had in mind. I was thinking of political memes, a sort of meme-as-opinion-shaper concept. The WG meme seems to exist merely for the sake of existing - a sort of meme as art form (which I guess makes sense considering it's origin at RISD).

Kim, you want a career as Meme Art Critic? Smile

Now someday I'll grok what the Cypher text post above is all about. Maybe Mongo Nikol can help me with that too.

mongonikol

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:31 am    Post subject: Answers. The Reply with quote

Hi MP and Co,
Here's the scoop. Andre's visage was picked randomly and arbitrarily by it's co-creators, Frank "Shepard" Fairey (of OBEY renown) and Michael Meinhart. The two attended Rhode Island School of Design (RISD) together, and came up with the oringal image as a prank for a project. The "has a posse" was reference to old school hip-hop dialect. At that time, '89, everyone "had a posse."

Bratty skater punkish attitude prevailed, and in mocking salute and surly ridicule, voila! Andre the Giant had a posse. (And at this time, Andre is very much alive.)

The link that was unworkable, www.worldgiant.org, is the splinter group keeping the original self-awareness motif alive. (It is possible the server was done, however perhaps the information was input incorrectly. It is up now for certain.)

Note: Fairey broke from the original Posse and formed OBEY, the corporate expression of GIANT. This is partially due to consequences relating to a letter to GIANT from the WWF in '93 or '94, and partially due to the fact I am unable to see GIANT as less than it is, which in fact is a representation of nothing. Depending on one's philisophical stance, GIANT is mere pop fodder or the most significant art and religious movement in the world. I am of the view it is all of the above.

Thanks for paying attention.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MemePolice Forum Index -> Examine Old Memes All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: