MemePolice Forum Index MemePolice
"Keeping Memes Honest"

Starve the Beast

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jbartas
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:33 am    Post subject: Starve the Beast Reply with quote

"Starve the Beast"

This little blurb has been a Mantra of Neocons since the Reagan regime, sited as a goal of Fiscal policy by Everyone from David Stockman to Grover Norquist.

But now that they have had an iron grip on power in for 6 years, how well are they really implementing it?

Well, it seems those three little words contain two huge lies. (This may be a Meme-Police record for lies per word).

...Starve...

The first is "Starve". Take a look at our graph of federal spending here. It turns out when the Beast-starvers are in power, the Beast not only gets fatter, It blows up like a balloon!

Democrats, on the other hand, always reduce the size of the federal government, doing more good with less money. In business this is called "efficient". In politics it's called "liberal".

Even the Neocon-funded Cato Institute had to grudgingly face the truth on this issue. While doing research to back their tax-cut dogma they found irrefutable evidence that raising taxes actually makes government spending go down. I wonder how many of them died of cognitive dissonance Smile.

In business pay-as-you-go is called "conservative". In politics it's called (again) "liberal".

...Beast...

But Neocons wouldn't keep pumping money into this Meme if they didn't want to starve something. Kim's "The real Cut and Run" article lays it all out: They are not starving a beast, they are "starving" the best aspects of Government. The FEMA folks who used to help in disasters, the FCC that once kept our airwaves free, the EPA that was supposed to ensure clean water and air, the FDA that fought tainted food, the port workers that are our main defense against another 9/11 - the list of programs "starved" by BushCo goes on and on.

It's not a "Beast" they're trying to starve, it's a guardian angel. It's the very reason for the existence of government.

So for now I'm going to repond to the "Beast" lie by saying "Oh, you mean "Starve the Protectors". If anyone has a better Meme, please contribute.

KimCooper

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like "Starve the Protectors". Too bad there isn't a single word for "guardian angel" as that would be even better.

tcanfield

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:00 am    Post subject: Exorcise the Archangel Reply with quote

Greg Palast deals with this issue in his book "Armed Madhouse." Everything the Neo-cons have done is to roll back the New Deal. In many ways, the New Deal was a blessing for the lower classes. We did not have to worry about elderly people starving to death, or lower class people going without jobs for long. Of course, nothing is perfect, and the Neo-cons hammer away at the flaws in the New Deal to bring down the structure. The New Deal was more than a Guardian Angel. It was like an Archangel, offering protection to the whole country and creating a vision of government as a benefactor. Everything the Neo-cons are doing is like an exorcism to drive out the Archangel.

KimCooper

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's because they are Satanists.

http://lightningbug.blogspot.com/2004_12_26_lightningbug_archive.html

tcanfield

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 2:43 pm    Post subject: Satanic Republicans Reply with quote

That blog commentary on the Religious Right being an inversion of Christianity is right on the money. If you have any doubt about the evil of Republicans and how Satanic they really are, check out this article:
http://www.commondreams.org/views06/0729-26.htm

KimCooper

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When they tried the same accusation on the Prime Minister of New Zealand, she said, "So what if I were?" She is also married. Too bad that wouldn't work as well here as in NZ....

tcanfield

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 2:25 am    Post subject: Outing Reply with quote

It's funny how the "outing" game works. There have been some Gays who have been spreading rumors for years that Tom Cruise was Gay. I think his bouncing on Oprah's couch may have squelched those rumors. Then there are the rumors that Hillary Clinton is a lesbian. Obviously, she and Bill are not sexually compatible, but I would not speculate on her orientation just because of that.
The most interesting thing about the Ohio Republican exposure is that it shows to what depths they will sink in regard to smear mongering. A whispering campaign is the most insidious form of attack, because any accusation can be made, and no one knows where it started and where it will end.
If you want to read how good Christian folk respond to smear campaigns, check out a book called "Don't call me Brother" by Austin Miles. About 25 years ago, Austin Miles had a healing ministry and was associated with the PTL club. Then his ministry was ruined by a whispering campaign (possibly started by Pat Robertson's organization) that Austin Miles was having sex will good Christian women that he was meeting on the road. Even though Austin Miles could disprove most of the stories, the gossip caused him to lose bookings, and he eventually lost his faith in the Assemblies of God because of their back-stabbing ways.

KimCooper

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...Cruise was Gay. I think his bouncing on Oprah's couch may have squelched those rumors. Then there are the rumors that Hillary Clinton is a lesbian. Obviously, she and Bill are not sexually compatible, but I would not speculate on her orientation just because of that.

Why does jumping on a couch make one not gay? (I didn't see it.) Why do you say that Hillary and Bill are sexually incompatible? Just because he "fooled around"? Or do you know something else about it that I don't?

tcanfield

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 2:28 am    Post subject: Hetero Couch Bouncing Reply with quote

The couch bouncing episode took place when Tom Cruise was exclaiming his love for his current lady, and even Oprah was surprised when he started proclaiming how proud he was to be heterosexual. It was a like a Tarzan moment, screaming his love for Jane.
Regarding Bill and Hillary, there have always been rumors of problems in their marriage (Remember Gennifer Flowers.) Supposedly, Bill used to sing Chelsea a lullaby, which was the country-western tune,"I want a D-I-V-O-R-C-E." What kept the Clintons together was an intellectual compatibility. I think Bill needed Hillary to finish his sentences. Yet, no one could imagine Hillary flashing her thong at Bill or enjoying a good cigar with him. Hitting him with an ashtray, yes, but never giving him any Lewinsky-like affection.

KimCooper

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well. Loudly proclaiming your heterosexuality on television is a bit suspicious....
But, I am not convinced that Bill and Hillary aren't madly in love with each other. Their chemistry is more apparent than W and Laura's, and no one doubts them.
Maybe my view is warped by my experience with my parents, but some people find that "hit him with an ashtray" energy to be very sexually stimulating -- Bill may find it so intense he needs to get a bit of sweet compliability on the side to cool him down....
In any case, it's all speculation, and monogamy is not equally important to everyone (I just read that it is not considered very important in France, for example.) they just LOOK to me like they have a good sexual relationship and he strays anyway. They're not mutually exclusive.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MemePolice Forum Index -> Examine Old Memes All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: