MemePolice Forum Index MemePolice
"Keeping Memes Honest"

Randroids

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KimCooper

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:02 pm    Post subject: Randroids Reply with quote

I found this delightful pair of paragraphs at Brad Hicks' site. I will bold the word I am posting about:

Quote:
Bureaucracies don't all operate equally well, there are functional and dysfunctional bureaucracies. Obviously you need some way to hold dysfunctional bureaucracies accountable, and to provide support to the more functional bureaucracies. Randroids would tell us that the Invisible Hand of the Marketplace does that best. Having seen what happens when you leave everything up to the Invisible Hand of the Marketplace, I'd just as soon trust the Flying Spaghetti Monster to solve all of my problems. Theocracies like Iran get founded because people decide they'd rather place their trust in Highly Spiritual People. I think the lesson of history is that if nothing else, what's wrong with that is that it's way too easy for corrupt and malevolent people to fool others into thinking that they're Highly Spiritual People.

Me, I trust motivated voters informed by sensation-seeking muckraking journalists more than I trust the Invisible Hand of the Marketplace or Highly Spiritual People.

KimCooper

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:24 am    Post subject: Bushivik political ideaology. Reply with quote

Here's a related phrase:

Quote:
Bushivik political ideaology.

Bushivik definitely has a ring of evil to it.

jbartas
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:39 pm    Post subject: More links Reply with quote

I love "Randroids". The phrase communicates the predictability of the so-called "research" this group spews out, as in an android saying just what he's supposed to. I'll cross link this to the "Belief Tank" page.

In fact, the whole quote is pretty good. Got a link, Kim?

"Bushevik" is now a classic. It was nominated by tcanfield some time back.

KimCooper

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:57 am    Post subject: links Reply with quote

If you want to read the context of the quote above--
the full post and threads are here:
http://bradhicks.livejournal.com/316919.html

The specific quote is from a sub-thread near the bottom of the comments (the long sub-thread):

This specific post is in a sub-thread here:
http://bradhicks.livejournal.com/316919.html?thread=3856375#t3856375
It's by bradhicks himself.
I post as kimchalister.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MemePolice Forum Index -> Create New Memes All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: