MemePolice Forum Index MemePolice
"Keeping Memes Honest"

not stupid, evil

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KimCooper

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:00 am    Post subject: not stupid, evil Reply with quote

this conversation is part of a larger one at Brad Hick's site:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
kimchalister wrote:
Jun. 14th, 2007 12:23 am (UTC)
Quote:
You know wht everyone laughs at the President for? Yeah, that's a big ol' sign of dyslexia.

That's interesting. A friend of mine who worked with words (writer of dictionaries) got an email from a word group newsletter person saying, very early on, that Bush wasn't dumb, he was SO dyslexic that it isn't that he doesn't read, it's that he CAN'T read. and, in addition, Barbara Bush's main charity was about dyslexia -- further evidence of the diagnosis.
Link | Reply | Parent | Thread | Delete | Track This

nysse wrote:
Jun. 14th, 2007 01:54 am (UTC)
I've suspected for quite a while that the President has something like that. I don't know much about these things, but it seems kind of obvious to me. I've even almost felt sorry for Dubya at times; he is "misunderestimated," so to speak. But then I recall that he can get away with a lot more by appearing to be stupid rather than evil.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Perhaps, whenever people call Bush stupid, we should be saying, "Not stupid, evil."
Calling him stupid makes people "misunderestimate" him. Calling him evil is more accurate, and brings out the lie that his is the party of "morality".

tcanfield

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:08 am    Post subject: Stupid and Evil Reply with quote

I remember back when Richard Nixon was president, there was a bumper sticker that said,"Where's Lee Harvey Oswald when you need him?" The idea was that everyone recognized Nixon as the evil mastermind of his administration, and once he was removed then all the corruption would be gone. The situation with Bush is more complex, because if you remove him, you get stuck with Cheney, and there is a question as to whether Cheney is the evil mastermind of this administration. Also, there is some question as to whether Karl Rove is the evil mastermind.
When I regard Bush, I think of stupidity as a form of evil. In totalitarian states, some of the greatest evil is done by people who don't think of the consequences of their actions, and then try to justify it by saying,"I was only following orders." The people who support Bush's policy are following the same path, thinking "It's for the good of the country." Of course, we won't mention the ones who are lining their pockets at the same time.
If you don't mind a Biblical reference, you might check out the story of Rehoboam, the successor to King Solomon. In his day, Rehoboam saw himself as "The Decider." He would not listen to the counselors who had served his father. He only listened to his younger counselors, who spent their time flattering his ego. As a result Rehoboam's policies were so odious, the ten tribes of Israel seceded from the nation and set up their own kingdom in the north. Rehoboam's policies were massive spending on military fortifications, and nothing being done for diplomacy. As a result, he made enemies of all his neighbors. The secession issue was sparked by high taxes. In those days, they did not think of deficit spending. If Rehoboam had thought of it, he could have given tax breaks to the wealthy tribal leaders, and shifted the tax burden onto the rest of the population.

KimCooper

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have clearly been going around this cycle forever. It doesn't look like people are going to change, so we have to come up with some better ways to prevent power-hungry, greedy, sociopaths from getting power.
Any ideas?

tcanfield

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:47 pm    Post subject: Council of Mothers Reply with quote

Perhaps we can take a lesson from the Iriquois Confederation. Each Iriquois tribe would have a Council of Mothers, and all of the decisions of the chiefs would have to be approved by this council. So, if the chiefs started acting war crazy, the Council of Mothers would smack them alongside their heads and say,"What were you thinking?"

KimCooper

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good to me. Any idea how we would arrange that in this here Yoo-nited States?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MemePolice Forum Index -> Create New Memes All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: