MemePolice Forum Index MemePolice
"Keeping Memes Honest"

neo-feudalists

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KimCooper

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:15 pm    Post subject: neo-feudalists Reply with quote

I don't think they are anything like Conservatives, and maybe we need to call them something other than neo-conservatives: how about

NEO-FEUDALISTS?

tcanfield

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:55 pm    Post subject: Neo-Monarchists Reply with quote

Judging from the way they have been grabbing power, I think Neo-Monarchists would be better.

KimCooper

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

weren't feudal times pretty monarchist anyway?

tcanfield

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:18 am    Post subject: Feudalism vs. Monarchy Reply with quote

It is true that Feudalism and Monarchy existed side-by-side, but there was always a constant rivalry between them. In England, the issue was settled by the Feudal Lords insisting on the Magna Carta, which limited the power of the King. In France, the issue was settled with the King assuming all of the power at Versailles, and the Feudal Lords becoming nothing but puppets of the court. The Bush Administration resembles the Louis XIV style of government, "I am the State." What we need are some Feudal Lords to take down Bush and make him live by the rule of law.

KimCooper

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, you clearly know more about it than I do. I was really thinking more in terms of the rest of us becoming serfs.

tcanfield

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:21 am    Post subject: Grey Eminence Reply with quote

The issue is not so much about us becoming serfs as it is about Bush becoming "The Sun King." It was the grand scheme of Cardinal Richelieu
(The Grey Eminence) to take power away from the feudal lords and put it all in the hands of the French King. In the same way, Karl Rove (The departing Grey Eminence) has strived to take power away from Congress, the CIA, the Federal Bureaucracy, state agencies, the judiciary, and anyone else who might have the authority to say "no" to Dubya. In many ways he succeeded, but now the chickens are coming home to roost, and saying "no" to Dubya is becoming fashionable. Even Republicans are admitting that he is a failure, and you won't hear any Presidential candidates defending Dubya in the debates. The big issue for 2008 is whether the next President will undo the "Versailles mentality" and restore the checks and balances of power. If not, I suggest we get the guillotines ready and start making marble busts of Marat.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MemePolice Forum Index -> Create New Memes All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: