MemePolice Forum Index MemePolice
"Keeping Memes Honest"

"Limbaughrals".

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jbartas
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:34 am    Post subject: "Limbaughrals". Reply with quote

Limbaugh-rals

I was reading a comic by wingnut cartoonist Bruce Tinsley captioned "Early Liberals". It showed a caveman using a spear to fend off a huge predator, and another caveman saying "I hope that spear wasn't tested on animals".

Of course no liberal would say this except maybe as a lame joke, however I suspect Tinsley's fans don't know this. They seem to get their news from sources like Rush Limbaugh, Fox news, and Tinsley himself. They've been told that Liberals act this way for so long that they have bought into the idea, even though it's absurd and they've never actually seen it happen.

This comic is just one of millions of examples of the Right Wing Noise Machine making up a lie about "liberals", and then ridiculing the liberals for what only happened in some wingnut's imagination. This happens so much that I wanted a word for it. Since that fat drug-addled probable-child-molester Republican hero Rush Limbaugh does this regularly, I will henceforth refer to these fictitious buffoons he makes up as "Limbaughrals".

When ever I hear someone making up stories about the dumb things "liberals" do, I'll just point out their actually thinking of "Limbaughrals", which are about as real as leprechauns or Bigfoot. I'll then ask then if they believe in the Great Pumpkin, or honest Republicans. Limbaughrals need to be exposed as just another right-wing hoax.

Last edited by jbartas on Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:06 am; edited 1 time in total
KimCooper

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only problem with this is that the word just doesn't trip off the tongue. the syllable "baugh" is hard to pronounce.

tcanfield

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:56 pm    Post subject: Rush-ians Reply with quote

Instead of Limbaughrals, why not call them Rush-ians? There are fewer syllables, and it makes them seem un-American.

jbartas
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kim: I's true the word Limbaughral does not trip off the tongue, but that may be a good thing. When I hear some goofball rant (for example) "Liberals are all soft on terror" I can stop him in mid-cliche and point out "Oh, you mean Rush's imaginary 'Lim-baugh-rals', not real-world 'Liberals'."

I don't expect Tinsley readers to say the word, but rather just get a glimpse of how deeply they have been brainwashed. If the conversation turns to "But, wait, *sputter* - I KNOW liberals are like that because, uh, well I just KNOW it...." I would consider it progress. It puts cracks in their cognitive dissonance.

tcanfield: I think Rush-ians is a great meme, but I'd rather apply it to Mr. limpbaugh's followers than his fantasies.

KimCooper

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, indeed, Rush-ians are Limbaugh's followers. Russians are known for preferring dictators or at least someone who will discipline them....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MemePolice Forum Index -> Create New Memes All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: